No words can do justice to Venice. It has to be seen to be believed. So see it!
The tour starts in PIAZZA SAN MARCO, where our local guide will reveal all the secrets about the origins and the history of its main monuments: the St Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, the Bell Tower and the Procuratie.
Then we plunge into one of the most majestic cathedrals of the world: ST MARK’S BASILICA! Here you can feast your eyes on the Byzantine mosaics and drink in the magic.
From the sacred to the profane – the tour ends in the DOGE’S PALACE, for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In its splendid rooms, plastered with literally hundreds of masterpieces of paintings, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. A tour to see the two faces of Venice.
- STARTS • 09:00 AM
- Feed your eyes with the precious interiors of St Mark’s Basilica, a masterpiece of Byzantine art: admire the incredible gold mosaics and the suggestive Pala d’Oro, with its thousands of gems and precious stones
- An unforgettable tour that should not to be missed! Admire with us the Doge’s Palace and its suggestive interiors, as the incredible gold staircase and its hundreds of paintings!
- A passionate and art-lover local guide
- Professional local guide
- Doge’s Palace ticket and reservation
- St Mark’s Church ticket and reservation
- Best of Venice walking tour
Notes and Advices
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
- Entrance to Churches requires a strict dress code. We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress