Crossing the beautiful Chianti hills we arrive at the Medieval hilltop gem of MONTERIGGIONI, with its still intact walls. Here you can drink in the history and relive the atmosphere of olden times.
Our day tour continues to the stately SIENA, famous for its splendid examples of Gothic architecture and the Palio horse race. Follow our guide to the suggestive Piazza del Campo, where the magnificent Palazzo Pubblico stands, with its Torre del Mangia. Visit the precious interiors of the Duomo, one of the most beautiful Cathedrals in Italy.
After leaving Siena we drive to SAN GIMIGNANO famous for its white wine, the world renowned Vernaccia, and its skyscrapers, also declared a World heritage Site by UNESCO! The visit is free for independent sightseeing, strolling around the narrow streets and admiring the relaxing landscape.
At the end of the day tour, we move into the CHIANTI area, with its picture-postcard landscapes. You have the chance to taste the best Chianti red wine in a rustic wine estate along with home-made snacks and sampling of wines and oil.
- WHERE: Piazza Adua, at the corner with Burger King, nearby Santa Maria Novella Train Station
- DURATION: 10 hours and 30 minutes
- STARTS • 08:45 AM
- Let us take you straight to the blooming heart of Tuscany, discovering the medieval gems of Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Siena
- An expert and knowledgeable tour leader, who will assist you during the whole trip
- The astonishing Siena Cathedral, an incredible example of Gothic architecture
- The luxuriant Chianti landscapes, its rolling hills and olive groves, where you will be offered a rich wine tasting together with some regional products
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Siena tour with professional guide
- Siena Cathedral tickets
- Free visit of San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Visit to a rustic wine estate
- Sampling of wines, extra-virgin olive oil and regional products
Notes and Advice
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
- Please note that from November, 1st 2016 the tour will be always available in English and Spanish, while the other languages will be confirmed as follows: GERMAN: Monday – min 2 pax FRENCH: Tuesday – min 2 pax PORTUGUESE: Wednesday – min 2 pax ITALIAN: Sunday – min 2 pax