Savour the incredible flavours of Bologna on our new 6 hour food and wine tour! See with your own eyes how exquisite Parmigiano Reggiano is made, and discover the secrets of Balsamic Vinegar. Finally, prepare traditional home-made pasta with your own hands in a traditional Bologna farm: a cooking lesson and a tasting in one! The first leg of the tour will take us to a cheese factory, where the famous Parmigiano Reggiano is produced; the renowned hard cheese is still made locally, under a Protected Designation of Origin, using the same techniques as eight centuries ago. The guide will reveal all sorts of cheese-making secrets, from milking to the various stages of aging. The visit will end with some delicious samples of this incredible symbol of Romagna gastronomy. Staying with regional flavours, the second stop of the day will be with a company producing the renowned Prosciutto ham, also covered by a Protected Designation of Origin. You will learn how this delicious food was produced centuries ago, but above all you will be offered a rich tasting to whet your palate. Next we will head to a wonderful farm located in the hills of Bologna where, immersed in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, you will be taught how to prepare homemade pasta by the owners. You will be provided with a preparation surface for the pasta, a rolling pin and the freshest ingredients: now it’s your turn to show what you have learned! Prepare homemade pasta and the sauces that best pair with it, such as the famous ragù and Bolognese sauce! Mamma mia, so hungry! Finally, it’s time to have dinner: you will be served a delicious dinner of the pasta that you created with your own hands during the lesson, all accompanied by local wines and a the relaxed atmosphere that permeates the farm. Buon appetito! At the end of the lesson, your driver will take you back to your hotel.
- WHERE: Starhotels Excelsior’s lobby, next to Bologna Centrale Railway Station – Please note that a free pick up service is available for this tour. Should you wish to book this kind of service, contact us as soon as possible at email@example.comDURATION: 6 hours
- STARTS • 08:30 AM
- Be seduced by the Dolce Vita and come discover three Italian masterpieces with us: the Ferrari Museum in Maranello, Balsamic Vinegar and Parmigiano Reggiano!
- Prepare homemade pasta and the sauces that best pair with it, such as the famous ragù and Bolognese sauce!
- As if by magic, tortellini, tortelloni and tagliatelle will appear before your eyes!
- A more intimate experience on our small group
- Journey by fully-fitted minibus
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel/accomodation in Bologna
- Service of a private licensed tour guide
- Visit to a Parmesan cheese producer with tasting
- Visit to a traditional balsamic vinegar producer with tasting
- Pasta making class at a farmhouse in the countryside of Bologna
- Typical Italian lunch at the farmhouse with wine included
- Amazing Italy Gift
Notes and Advices
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
- Comfortable shoes suggested