Discover one of the most important archaeological sites in the world: Pompeii!
Leaving Rome we take the Highway of the Sun passing through the rolling Roman countryside known as the Castelli Romani. Approximately halfway to NAPLES, you can admire, perched on a hill, the Abbey of Montecassino, the site of a bloody battle of the Second World War.
On arrival in Naples our local guide will take you for a walking tour of the historical centre to admire the sights of this stunning city: Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Piazza del Municipio, the Gallery of Umberto I, the San Carlo Opera House. Naples is full of gems.
Then we continue to POMPEII. After lunch in a typical restaurant, it’s time to visit the world-famous excavations of this ancient Roman city that, along with Herculaneum, was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 B.C..
This archaeological journey through the ancient city gives you the chance to take in the sheer enormity of the city and have a feel of life in Roman times. Pompeii is unique as it is perfectly preserved. Among the well preserved frescoes, houses, villas and baths it is possible to see the intact remains of people, domestic animals and food.
These remains allow you to relive the final agony and the panic felt by the people in those last few minutes before the city was so brutally buried under lava and burning cinders. At the end of the visit we return to the coach for our drive back to Rome. Along the way we will visit a coral and cameo factory where we will have the opportunity to admire and purchase pieces made with a technique dating back to the Greek times.
- WHERE: Viale Bastioni di Michelangelo, 21 (100 metres from the Vatican Museum’s main entrance)DURATION: 13 hours
- STARTS • 07:30 AM
- An exclusive, all-in tour that will give you a taste of Southern Italy, a full immersion in art, amazing landscapes and incredible flavours!
- Naples, an authentic baroque jewel with its beautiful squares, palaces and, last but not least…the exquisite pizza!
- The ruins of the Roman city of Pompeii, the open air museum frozen in time, where the ancient Roman settlement has been preserved in details
- An expert and knowledgeable tour leader, who will assist you during the whole trip
- Transportation by deluxe coach
- Tour escort
- Pompeii Ruins entrance ticket with reservation
- Professional local guide in Pompeii Excavations
- Headsets during the visit inside Pompeii excavations
- Typical Italian lunch with soft drinks
Notes and Advices
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility